Russell Dazzio, INNOVATOR
Russell Dazzio, is Chairman and co-founder of R&R Global. During his prolific career Dazzio has served on the front lines of many the worlds’ most vibrant centers of commerce and leisure such as Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles. During that time, he has created countless innovative sales, marketing and training campaigns and operated every category of hotel conceivable. Upon graduating from UNLV’s Hotel & Gaming College, Dazzio joined the Stardust Hotel & Casino, where he immediately showed his talent as an innovator, earning him the honor of being one Las Vegas’ youngest casino executives ever. After three years learning the ins and outs of casino operations and overseeing a litany of important “firsts” connected with casino operations and marketing Dazzio decided to leave a promising career in gaming for the opportunity to join at the time one of the world’s great international hotel companies, ITT Sheraton.
In five short years, he had become the recipient of several ITT worldwide company “IDA” awards, ITT’s most prestigious international awards. He also had racked up back to back “Hotel and Marketing Team of the Year” and “Pre-Opening Hotel and Marketing Team of the Year” awards. This uncommon recognition can in part be traced to Dazzio’s role in re-positioning ITT Sheratons 5,000 hotel rooms while in Manhattan and tie-ins he parleyed while working with the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. During the Olympics, he was tapped by the city to orchestrate the “City’s Official Welcome Ceremony” which opened the door for him to negotiate the largest booking in ITT Sheraton’s history for Los Angeles Hotels under his supervision. At the pinnacle of his international hotel company career, rather than wait for his next career advancement, Dazzio elected to make a bold move and cut the cord from mothership ITT Sheraton to test his entrepreneurial skills and founded R&R Hotel Group. In short order Dazzio navigated a course that took R&R Hotel’s to a #1 ranking by Hotel Business Magazine as the fastest growing independent hotel management company in America. Under Dazzio’s steady hand over the next twenty years the company realized many accomplishments that included:
- Creation of Rapid Response Teams that expedited Receiver “take overs” and Lender fast sale “turn arounds”
- Conceptualization and Management of Southern California’s first wave of Boutique Hotels
- Development by an American company of the first luxury resort in Hunan Province, Southern China
- Presentation to the future Prime Minster of Jamaica on advantages legalized limited licensing gaming would bring to his country, resulting in the legalization of Casino Gaming for the Island of Jamaica
Always mindful of shifting trends, as the winds of change blew in Dazzio decided to plot a new course for R&R Hotel Group and choreographed the merger of R&R Hotel Group with Global Resorts into R&R Global Hospitality. This merger opened the door for the company to:
- Evolve into a multifaceted advisory, management and development services company that would eventually amass with the help of its Strategic Associates a portfolio of combined client assets valued at over $10 billion.
- Secure a $200 million credit line for Don Hardy, one of the largest African American quick service restaurant owners in America, for investment in a hotel startup company
- Work on complex mixed-use resort development projects that involve hotel, residential, retail and restaurant elements
- Reposition numerous luxury hotel assets like the Regent Palms condo – hotel, located on Turks and Caicos most beautiful beach
In addition to his duties at R&R Global, Dazzio always has found time to contribute to his alma mater UNLV, whose hotel college holds the title as the #1 internationally ranked hotel college in the world. For over four decades he has served UNLV in an assortment of roles that range from Adjunct Professor to student mentor. Dazzio is a popular guest speaker and the recipient of numerous industry and local, state and federal honors and awards. He served as a delegate at the first ever “White House Conference on Tourism”, sits on the Advisory Boards of; The John Hardy Group Radical Innovation Competition and Hospitality Technology Magazine. In addition to the B.S. Degree in Hotel Administration he holds from UNLV, he has taught Hospitality related classes at UCLA and attended UCLA’s Film School. Dazzio served honorably in the United States Army and Army Reserves during the Vietnam War.